Introductory Course on the Clinical Analysis, Treatment and Management of Children with Cerebral Palsy
This is a SANDTA-certified course which was developed by the SANDTA Education Sub-committee with the aim to provide therapists with introductory guidelines on the management of children with Cerebral Palsy (CP). Course presenters are SANDTA tutors, tutors in training or experienced Bobath/NDT-trained therapists.
Who should attend?
This five day course focuses on a functional approach to the assessment, treatment and management of children with CP in different settings and incorporates the framework of the International Classification of Functioning (ICF).
1. To provide a framework for the holistic assessment of children with CP
2. To provide a brief review of the classification of the main types of CP
3. To introduce analysis and problem solving as the basis of intervention
4. To develop participants’ clinical reasoning and handling skills
5. To guide participants in developing a plan of care with appropriate posture and movement goals (24 hour postural management)
6. To highlight the use of objects/toys to facilitate levels of play by exploration
7. To demonstrate to participants how to relate a child’s functional activities and activity limitations to his/her participations restriction
8. To provide guidelines on parent training and home management during activities of daily living
9. To introduce the impact of visual impairment on function
10. To describe typical eating and drinking problems experienced by children with CP and introduce principles and skills to address eating and drinking problems
11. To review typical communication problems experience by children with CP and discuss principles of intervention
This course is presented by a multidisciplinary SANDTA team and comprises lectures, clinical practical sessions during which participants work in pairs with Individual children, treatment demonstrations by tutors and groupwork by participants.
Course participants qualify for 35 CEUs – 30 General and 5 Ethical CEUs. Attendants will receive their CPD and Attendance certificates by e-mail after the course.
All information is correct at the time of publication. SANDTA reserves the right to change dates, venues and presenters as circumstances dictate. Participants will be informed of these changes in a timeous fashion. Prospective course participants must take responsibility for obtaining updated information (if necessary) by providing the administrator with accurate and active (e.g. e-mail address) contact details for this purpose. SANDTA cannot take responsibility for any errors, omissions or changes to applicants’ contact details.
|2018 Application Form Introductory Courses|
|INTRODUCTORY COURSE ON THE CLINICAL ANALYSIS, TREATMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF CHILDREN WITH CEREBRAL PALSY APPLICATION FORM. Please download this form to apply for this course.|